Information We Collect
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, street address, or phone number. We may also collect other I.D. numbers like user names.
- Other information. We may collect information about the website browser you are using, the pages you visit, or the third party websites from which or to which you go from our Site. We collect this information using tracking technologies.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, interests, or other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How We Collect Information
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you subscribe to the newsletter or take one of our online surveys.
- We collect information from you passively. For example, we use common tracking tools like cookies and web beacons to track user behavior.
- We combine information we may get from other sources. For example, if you are a subscriber to our other brands, we may combine the information we already have about you. We may also combine information about you that we learn from third parties.
Use of Information Collected
We use information for our business purposes. These include:
- To process your requests and for related purposes. For example, to send newsletter. Or, we may use your information to contact you about advertising or contributing to the magazine.
- To promote Lifestyle Media Group and our related companies and products. For example, we might send you updates about our sites or new products. We may also send you other information which we think you might find interesting. We may contact you using the contact information we have about you.
- To tell you about third party products or services we think you will like. For example, we might send you information about a deal that we are able to offer to our registered users.
- To operate our sites and serve our advertisements. For example we use information we collect to analyze trends and improve site layout. We also monitor traffic patterns at our sites to personalize our site. We sometimes work with third parties to help us with our site monitoring activities. Our monitoring may include tracking your online activities, either ourselves or with the help of our vendors.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, or for internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small text files that may be sent from a website's computer to your web browser to store your preferences. Cookies often contain a unique and anonymous identifier, but, by themselves, do not disclose your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information by, for example, registering for our services. However, once you choose to furnish your personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
If your privacy preferences allow it, each website may place a cookie in your web browser and access that cookie. Most websites access cookies to understand Internet usage and to improve content, offerings, and advertisements. For example, cookies may be used to personalize your experience at a web pages (e.g. to recognize you by name when you return to a website), save your password in password-protected areas, and enable you to use shopping carts.
Lifestyle Media Group sites may use reputable third parties to provide us with: data regarding our customers Internet use; tracking and performance of our marketing efforts; conduct research about our advertisements; and present or serve content, offerings, and advertisements. These third parties may use small pieces of code called "web beacons" or "clear gifs" to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These "web beacons" may be used to deliver cookies. None of your personal information (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, credit card number, etc) will be received or shared with third parties.
If you would like to opt-out of sharing your non-personal information for these purposes, you can change your privacy preferences through your browser. You may set your browser to accept all cookies, block certain cookies, require your consent before a cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies all together. Blocking all cookies, however, will effect your online experience and may prevent you from enjoying the full features offered. Since the procedure for modifying your privacy preferences is different for each Internet browser, we recommend you review your 'help' or 'Internet options' menu in your browser's tool bar.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We may share this information:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors, or will authorize them to collect information on our behalf.
- With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
- With third party business partners. For example, we might share your information when we conduct a joint promotion with a another company.
- To government agencies or law enforcement. We may also share with others if we think we are legally obligated, or to protect ourselves. For example, we will disclose information in response to subpoenas or investigative requests.
- For other reasons that may be described to you.
- We may also allow you to submit comments on our sites. When you submit a comment, you are required to provide your full name. This will be posted publicly with your comment. If you do not want your personal information disclosed, you should not use this forum.
You can opt out of marketing emails by following the instructions in any marketing emails you receive.
We use industry standard security measures to protect our sites. However, We cannot guarantee that the Internet or your use of our Site will be completely secure. We encourage you to take steps to protect yourself online. For example, do not share your password with other people including ensuring that any online account information you have remains secure.
Our sites are family oriented, however we do not edit our site to ensure all content is suitable for children. We do not expect that children under the age of 13 will be accessing this website without parental awareness. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s web site and read the helpful information provided by the FTC.
Our sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. Please also be aware that by using our sites and giving us your information, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. The latest version of this policy will be posted here. If there is a material change to this policy that we plan to apply retroactively, we will notify you as required by law.
How to Contact Us
If users have any questions about our privacy practices, you can email us the addresses supplied on the "contact us" page.